Q1. What is network handle?
Solution: We can check out community and host addresses in two methods:
1) Network-ID and Host-ID
An IP tackle is made of two components, the left portion is network ID, the proper element is host ID.
For illustration, in one hundred.three.4.5, if one hundred is a network ID, then three.4.5 is a host ID. If a hundred.3 is network ID, then 4.five is a host ID.
2) Network-tackle and host-handle. Let us search at two examples:
IP-deal with Network-ID Host-ID Community-tackle Host-deal with Mask
a hundred.four.five.6/8 100 4.5.6 one hundred… a hundred.4.five.six /eight
a hundred and fifty.one.two.3/sixteen a hundred and fifty.one two.three a hundred and fifty.1.. a hundred and fifty.one.2.three /sixteen
Notice: Network mask is introduced as /m the place m is a 2-digit decimal quantity amongst 8~31.
Be aware: IP, community, and host addresses are usually introduced with masks.
Q2. What is mask?
Reply. IP uses network mask to crack up a 32-bit IP-handle into network-ID and host-ID. Community-tackle is created of community-ID bits on the still left and bits on the right.
For instance, for 150.one.2.3/sixteen, sixteen is the community mask, one hundred fifty.one is network-ID, 150.1../16 is network-address, 2.3 is host-ID, 150.1.two.3/sixteen is host-handle. Community-deal with is utilized by routers to ahead packets. Host tackle is utilized to distinguish hosts in the same community.
Q3. Why How to change IP address on laptop ?
Answer: When quantities are too a lot of, we use hierarchical framework to control them. For case in point, telephone variety are structured as.
For instance, 086.021.1234.5678 is a amount in China, Shanghais. The voice information is switched by nation code, metropolis code, and prefix. Structured phone numbers are considerably less complicated to swap than flat ten-digit cellphone numbers.
Web faces a related circumstance. There are almost 4.2 billion addresses (IP has 32 bits. or two^32 individual addresses.) Routers use routing tables to foreword packets. Clearly, it is much less complicated for router to manage structured addresses than four billion flat types.
IP’s solution is to use network-addresses to forward packets, not individual ones. Network mask breaks an handle into a network-ID and a host-ID. Routing tables use network addresses, not IP addresses.
– a hundred…/8 network has sixteen,777,216 addresses. In a routing table, (100…/8, next hop interface) states: ahead packets with the very same vacation spot community to the same up coming hop interface.
– one hundred fifty.1../16 network has sixty five,536 addresses. In a routing desk, (150.one../16, up coming hop interface) takes care of forwarding sixty five,536 person addresses in 150.1../sixteen community.
– 150.1../16 community has sixty five,536 IP addresses. In a routing desk, (a hundred and fifty.one../sixteen, subsequent hop interface) requires treatment of forwarding 65,536 individual address in 150.one../16 network.
– 222.111.44./24 has 256 IP addresses. In a routing table, (222.111.forty four./24, following hop interface) forwards 256 IP addresses in 222.111.forty four. community to the following hop interface.
Q4. How existing mask in decimal?
Reply. Existing mask the same way as IP handle. For illustration.
/8 is introduced as 255….
/sixteen is introduced as 255.255…
/24 is offered as 255.255.255.
Q5. Why mask size is multiple of 8 but?
Answer: There are two sort of IP addressing schemes: classful and classless. What we’ve talked so far is classful. Classless IP address can use mask of any size. See following tutorials for details.
This post is the FAQ of an interactive animation. You can engage in this animation listed under Exterior hyperlinks.